This is a revealing glimpse of a 21st-century software development organization.
- Heavy use of tools to automate the organization's own development process.
- Social not silos. Developers can view other developer's Mondrian dashboard. The tool is an enabler, not a rule enforcer. The review process itself builds relationships between senior and junior staff.
- Save everything. Mondrian saves every reviewed source file and all comments. Great for resolving customer problems months later. Also great for tracking metrics.
- data encrypted on HD so when throw out server no privacies worries
- Google uses perforce (p4) but no developer branches! Means code reviews must work with files on dev machines. They use NFS so anyone can browse anyone else's machine
- runs on one box! in python
- uses Google BigTable